At maxandharry, telling an engaging and thought provoking story is the most important aspect of what we do. Telling these kind of stories through our videos is something we pride ourselves on, and as such, we love to film the weird and wonderful world of music, in whatever forms it presents itself to us.
If you have a story that needs telling, whether it be about music or not, we can work together to let the world know about it.
Given the right amount of time and planning, we can give an in depth view of your chosen subject, explored through video. When it comes to the conceptualisation of your idea, we can discuss the best way to go about achieving our collective goals, looking into what would be needed to bring this story to life.
Your documentary may require us to travel to different parts of the world, film live music or follow your team gorilla style as we travel towards a destination that is as of yet unspecified. You may need us to be working behind the scenes at different events or gigs, or conducting interviews with people from all walks of life. As the nature of your documentary is a mystery to us, we are unable, just yet, to give you a strong idea up front of what we would be able to achieve.
However, we have the creativity and the organisational skills to make your project happen.
What we can offer, as you decide what story you want to tell, is:
- Multi-camera video recordings
- Audio recordings
- Interview questions (which we are happy to discuss and write together with you)
- The creative vision to take a seemingly disparate collection of interviews, tour diaries, behind the scenes moments, bloopers and all the good stuff that we can film on our journey together, into a documentary of a length of your choosing
When dealing with high profile companies, brands and people from whom we would require clearance, we need to know if we have the correct permissions at every stage of the job. This is of the utmost importance at the filming and editing stages.
We need certain permissions from:
- Venues, whether indoor or outdoor, ensuring that we can film there for whatever event it is
- Performers, artists, bands, academics, general members of the public, etc, as they must be made aware that we are filming and agree with it in advance
- Any kind of management of the aforementioned kinds of people or professionals (this is particularly important when clearing content for release)
- Anyone else that is involved in the project that could possibly require us to gain clearance from
NOTE: When looking into using stock or archive footage for a documentary, this is something that must be discussed with us up front, as there are many issues that arise with cost and licensing issues that we must be all be aware of before we enter into an agreement to film
As we have stated, documentaries can tell stories in hundreds of different ways and it is your subject matter that will shape the way we tackle the story that we create together.
Please contact us with the information of the documentary idea you are considering for filming and we will provide you with a free quote